T1C – Carmarthen via Lampeter and Cross Hands to Swansea
This service conveniently stops at the McArthur Glen Designer Outlet in Bridgend.
But don’t forget about all the towns along the way that can offer those individual shopping experiences not found on the high street.
Llanbedr Pont Steffan, in Welsh, is a busy market town in the Teifi Valley. It’s a walkers’ paradise with access to the rolling countryside and the River Teifi is an anglers’ delight.
You can also enjoy:
- Jen Jones Welsh Quilt Centre, located in the High Street, it houses a colourful quit exhibition and has a shop selling antique and vintage quilts and blankets: http://www.jen-jones.com/
Cross Hands is an excellent central hub to explore the coast and country of Carmarthenshire.
Just a short bus or taxi ride away, you can enjoy:
Wales’ waterfront city is close to Blue Flag beaches, rural wilderness, cosmopolitan culture and designated beauty spots.
You can also enjoy:
- LC2, Swansea’s own indoor waterpark with its own surfing pool http://www.thelcswansea.com/
- Plantasia, a tropical paradise located right in the city centre, bursting with colourful plants and intriguing animals. It offers a series of workshops, bush tucker trails and events during the school holidays. Adult classes also available throughout the year.
- National Waterfront Museum, an interactive re-telling of the human story of Welsh industry and innovation over the past 300 years .Various family-friendly events and workshops throughout the school holidays. https://museum.wales/swansea/
- Swansea Market, the best place to pick up some local goodies for a tasty picnic.
- Discover the miles of traffic-free routes around Swansea Bay and Neath Port Talbot. How about hiring a bike and spending an afternoon cycling the 5 mile promenade from the city to the Mumbles and back, enjoying an ice cream on the way? http://www.swansea.gov.uk/cycling
Things to do:
- Treasure Trails: Aberystwyth, Aberaeron, Lampeter, Swansea Maritime Quarter, Llandaf Cycle Trail and Cardiff
These Trails are great for seeing a location from a new perspective, whatever your age, whatever the weather! Trails can either be downloaded or posted.
Look out for various afternoon shows, lunchtime concerts, exhibitions and family workshops.
St David's Hall, Cardiff:
New Theatre, Cardiff: