T1C – Carmarthen via Lampeter and Cross Hands to Swansea
Llanbedr Pont Steffan, in Welsh, is a busy market town in the Teifi Valley. It’s a walkers’ paradise with access to the rolling countryside and the River Teifi is an anglers’ delight.
You can also enjoy:
- Jen Jones Welsh Quilt Centre, located in the High Street, it houses a colourful quit exhibition and has a shop selling antique and vintage quilts and blankets: http://www.jen-jones.com/
- 09/09/17 – Ffair Ram – an agricultural festival in Lampeter
Cross Hands is an excellent central hub to explore the coast and country of Carmarthenshire.
Just a short bus or taxi ride away, you can enjoy:
Wales’ waterfront city is close to Blue Flag beaches, rural wilderness, cosmopolitan culture and designated beauty spots.
You can also enjoy:
- LC2, Swansea’s own indoor waterpark with its own surfing pool http://www.thelcswansea.com/
- Plantasia, a tropical paradise located right in the city centre, bursting with colourful plants and intriguing animals. It offers a series of workshops, bush tucker trails and events during the school holidays. Adult classes also available throughout the year.
- National Waterfront Museum, an interactive re-telling of the human story of Welsh industry and innovation over the past 300 years .Various family-friendly events and workshops throughout the school holidays. https://museum.wales/swansea/
- Swansea Market, the best place to pick up some local goodies for a tasty picnic.
- Discover the miles of traffic-free routes around Swansea Bay and Neath Port Talbot. How about hiring a bike and spending an afternoon cycling the 5 mile promenade from the city to the Mumbles and back, enjoying an ice cream on the way? http://www.swansea.gov.uk/cycling
- 1-31/ 08/17 - Botanics in Bloom, Singleton Botanic Gardens
- 09/09/17 - LEGO Brick animal trail at WWT, Llanelli Wetland Centre
- 09/09/17 - A Darker Thread: Curator’s Talk by Laura Thomas at Oriel Myrddin, Carmarthen
- 24 – 26/09/17- Swansea Beer and Cider Festival
- 27/09/17 - Guided Tours: Dylan’s Swansea