T3 – Wrexham via Rhuabon, Llangollen, Dolgellau to Barmouth
Wrexham, the largest town in North Wales, is home to one the seven Wonders of Wales, the steeple of St Giles’s Church. It is an excellent shopping hub with both independent and chain-store retailers.
You can also enjoy:
- Erddig, a National Trust property, said to be one of Britain's finest historic houses. Erddig’s story is all about relationships, the upstairs and downstairs saga of the family, the servants and the wider community. It’s a 2.5 mile walk or bus ride away from Wrexham Central railway station.
- Wrexham County Borough Museum and Archives hosts a myriad of events for everybody throughout the year
- Until 27/01/18 - Superheroes: The Legends of Today at Wrexham County Borough Museum, Wrexham
- 07/09/17 - Jurassic Adventures, William Aston Hall, Wrexham
Nestling on the River Dee, Llangollen is recognised as a scenic gem. With a little effort you can walk up to the hilltop ruins of Castell Dinas Brân, explore the remnants of Valley Crucis Abbey or indulge in white water rafting on the Dee.
- 23-24/09/17- Diesel Weekend at Llangollen Railway
Sitting at the foot of Cader Idris, Dolgellau, is one of the best places to explore Snowdonia. It was once at the centre of the Welsh gold rush.
Other places to enjoy:
- The Mawddach Trail to Barmouth is particularly spectacular either by bike or on foot.
- Coed y Brenin Forest Park located on the outskirts of Dolgellau. For hours of woodland adventure, search out the Natural Resources Wales discovery backpacks. There is no charge for hire, except for a small deposit. naturalresources.wales/backpack
Barmouth is a traditional seaside resort with miles of clean sandy braches, donkey rides, trampolines, ice cream, candy floss, crabbing pools and amusement arcades.
Other places to enjoy:
- Bendi-gedig – indoor adventure playcenter
- Barmouth Heritage Trail – pick up a leaflet at the local Tourist Information Centre and local shops to discover the town’s link to the Titanic, Henry Tudor and the National Trust.
- 03/09/17- Coed y Brenin 10k run, Dolgellau
- 09/09/17- Commonwealth Games Baton passes throughs Dolgellau
- All weekends in September, Helfa Gelf Trail takes place across North Wales. Artists and creatives throw open their doors to the public. https://helfagelf.co.uk/
- 9-10/09/17 – Women’s MBT weekend, Dolgellau
- 09/09/17 - Heart of Wales Vintage Lorry Rally , Barmouth
- 16 – 15/09/17 – Barmouth Walking Festival